Forum on UK and EU Policy on Trade in Health, Agriculture and Food7 June 2011
Organized by Global Health Europe and partners
Wednesday 22 June 2011, 9.00 am - 5.00 pm
EC Representation Office, Europe House, 32 Smith Square, London SW1P 3EU
The Forum will take a multi-sectoral approach and will provide an opportunity for a wide participation by academic, business and civil society representatives to engage in dialogue on critical issues concerning the global health impact of policies relating to trade in health services and pharmaceuticals; and trade in food and agriculture. A major part of the day will be structured around group discussion sessions.
Global Health Europe is pleased to announce that the Plenary Panel which will open the UK forum on Global Health and Trade will include the following confirmed speakers:
- Canice Nolan (Senior Coordinator for Global Health, Unit C6 - Health Law & International, Directorate General for Health & Consumers - DG SANCO)
- Nick Tomlinson (Head of EU and Global Affairs Department of Health, UK)
- Paul Lincoln (Chief Executive, National Heart Forum)
- Richard Smith (Professor of Health System Economics, London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine)
- Peter Scarborough (British Heart Foundation Health Promotion Research Group, University of Oxford)
A full programme can be downloaded here (PDF)
A major part of the day will be structured around discussion sessions lasting 3h, in which the participants will be arranged at tables seating 10-12 people. Each table will address some of the burning issues in the areas of trade in health services and pharmaceuticals and trade in agriculture and food and will report back with its conclusions and recommendations to the final plenary session.
A fee of £22 per person will be payable on the day by cash or cheque, to cover the costs of lunch, refreshments, etc.
We invite you to register for the event by sending an email to the conference secretariat:
Professor Stephen Matlin
Global Health Europe